Thank you again for your responses to the Unit Evaluation Project throughout 2021. Each semester or at the conclusion of your unit, you receive a link on your ARK dashboard to the survey that forms the project. These surveys form ongoing data-driven decision making to improve the student experience of units and learning at the University. Many of the scores you gave maintained steady confidence of the learning experiences at the University. The University is also committed to responding to all your feedback through our teaching and services. Thank you, students!
There were 411 units run in Semester 2, 2021 at the University, out of these, there were 139 classes (combined units) that completed a survey. Out of 880 individual student responses surveyed the percentages of those that strongly agreed to each of these aspects of their learning below were:
- Learning General Skills: 52.06% – steady from Semester 1 2021
- Developing knowledge: 63.77% – steady from Semester 1 2021
- Encouraged to Participate: 64.58% – down 1.96% from Semester 1 2021
- Participating Actively Online: 57.21% – down 3.93% from Semester 1 2021
- Clear and Timely Communication: 63.83% – down 1.94% from Semester 1 2021
- Gaining a Clear Purpose: 65.9% – steady from Semester 1 2021
- Helpful and Supportive Feedback: 62.28% – down 1.93% from Semester 1 2021
- Resources, Library Hub and ARK: 55.04% – down 8.74% from Semester 1 2021
If you need assistance in completing a Unit Evaluation, please see your College staff or visit the Frequently Asked Questions page on the website: https://support.divinity.edu.au/students/student-unit-evaluations/
Dr Carolyn Alsen is Senior Lecturer in Higher Education, Academic Programs, University of Divinity. Carolyn has experience in Higher Education management, academic quality and strategic planning, lecturing in biblical studies and linguistics, curriculum design, quality compliance and research in Australian and international Universities. In her role, Carolyn drives improvements to academic quality and student experience at the University.