Academic Staff of the University of Divinity are gathered this morning (Wednesday 7 November) at Eporo Tower in Melbourne CBD for the annual Teaching Conference.
Sessions are being live-streamed and links for video replay will be added here throughout the day.
Session One (9:40-11:15am)
- Welcome (Gary Heard)
- Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Educations – Context and Realities (John Capper)
- Keynote: Intercultural learning and teaching: An East Asian experience (Siu Fung Wu)
Session Two (11:30-12:35pm)
- Keynote: Celebrating Aboriginality and our context (Naomi Wolfe/Mark Brett)
- Panel and discussion: Lessons from thinking cross-culturally for inclusion (Monica Melanchthon, Chris Monaghan, Robyn Reynolds and Deborah Storie)
Session Three (2:00-4:00pm)
- Panel and discussion: Celebrating our experience and practice of inclusion (Chris Monaghan, Christine Unicomb, Michael Loughnane and David Janssen)
- Four useful ARK ideas and how to use them (Carolyn Alsen, Kerrie Handasyde, Rohan Edmeades, John Capper)
- State of the University (Peter Sherlock)