The 2018 ANZATS Conference will take place at Emmanuel College, St Lucia, Brisbane, from Sunday 1 July to Wednesday 4 July. The theme of the Conference is “Sacrifice”. The keynote speaker is The Reverend Dr Andrew McGowan, President of Berkeley Divinity School at Yale University.
ANZATS is offering two student scholarships for the conference, under the following conditions agreed to by the ANZATS Council:
The scholarships are available to students enrolled in theological courses at member institutions of ANZATS who have completed the equivalent of at least three semesters’ full-time study, but not completed their course.
As a general rule, one scholarship will be awarded to a coursework student (BTh, MDiv etc) and one to a Higher Degree by Research candidate.
The basic criterion for the award of a scholarship is academic merit: preference will be given to persons working in an area related to the major theme of the conference. The extent to which participation in the conference will encourage and assist successful students to undertake further theological studies will also be considered.
Registration for the Conference, plus up to AUD$800 towards travel and accommodation costs. The amount of each scholarship will not exceed the amount of these expenses.
Applications must be in writing and emailed to Mark Harding, email@example.com, by 5pm Eastern Standard Time on Monday 9 April 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
Applications must include the following:
- A statement of the course in which the applicant is enrolled, and progress made
- A brief statement of the benefits the applicant hopes to gain from participating in this conference
- A letter from the Principal of the member institution, or the student’s principal academic supervisor, certifying that the applicant is eligible to apply, and commenting on her or his academic merit
- A statement of other support which the applicant can receive to attend the conference
- Full contact details for the student and the person giving the accompanying reference.
The scholarships will be paid by ANZATS to each successful applicant on presentation of documentation justifying the expenses towards which the scholarship is directed.