Wellspring Centre is looking for a part-time Program Director and invited interested candidates to apply.
POSITION: PROGRAM DIRECTOR – WELLSPRING CENTRE INC.
Permanent Part -Time: 2.5 days a week
Contract: 2-year Term
Start Date: From 1 November 2023
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary: $55,000 incl. Superannuation.
Location: Ashburton, Melbourne, Victoria, with flexible work arrangements and working hours.
Join WellSpring in creating an enriching learning experience within a contemplative community. Be part of WellSpring Centre Inc’s (WellSpring) mission to provide spiritual formation and nurturing to all seeking the presence of the Divine. Together, let’s inspire growth and transformation.
As the Program Director, you will oversee and be part of their experienced teaching team for the WellSpring suite of formation programs, which include the flagship programs: The Art of Spiritual Companioning and The Art of Contemplative Practice. These programs are accredited by the University of Divinity and delivered in partnership with Whitley College to provide postgraduate awards in Spirituality and Spiritual Companioning. The Art of Spiritual Companioning, is recognised by AECSD. Your role is pivotal in ensuring the successful implementation and management of quality programs, fostering a contemplative and nurturing learning environment.
Key qualifications and skills
• A PhD, D Min, or Professional Doctorate (Level 10 Award) in a field related to Spiritual Companioning: OR
• Professional experience as a team leader of spiritual formation practitioners or have active high-level experience in developing spiritual formation programs or policies related to spiritual formation.
• Extensive experience in spiritual companioning, supervision and a contemplative way of being.
• Experience in contemplative discernment and processes of a formation program including the accreditation of Spiritual Companions is preferred.
• A commitment to one’s own spiritual journey.
• Excellence in teaching, academic rigour and spiritual formation.
• Ability to innovate and guide programs to ensure relevance and address new developments.
• Experience in building community and positive culture.
• Highly evolved people skills which include excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and administration skills.
• A clear understanding of finances, managing a budget and ensuring profitability and sustainability of programs.
Key Performance Indicators Culture
• Foster a contemplative, inclusive learning environment aligning with WellSpring’s mission and values.
• Promote open communication and collaboration among stakeholders including academic partners, team members, staff, and students.
• Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and academic excellence.
• Manage the academic course budget efficiently, allocating resources appropriately.
• Identify opportunities for financial growth and sustainability of the program.
• Oversee the implementation and development of academic courses and formation processes.
• Teach and provide supervision to students in the spiritual companioning units.
• Ensure alignment of programs with University of Divinity policies and AECSD standards.
• Continuously evaluate and enhance the formation processes and academic curriculum.
Staff Development and Management
• Lead and mentor team members, encouraging professional development and growth.
• Coordinate people resources effectively to support program objectives and achieve budget.
• Ensure compliance with legal, academic and administrative policies.
• Oversee student admissions and enrolment processes in partnership with Whitley College.
• Provide guidance and support to students throughout their formation and academic journey.
• Address student concerns and promote student success.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a full curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and 3 referees, by 4pm AEST on Friday 13 October 2023.
Please direct enquiries and submit applications to Kathy Cave, Managing Director of WellSpring, via email