‘Forming God’s people for leadership mission and ministry’
Stirling Theological College (Stirling) is searching for a senior level leader and manager for the position of Registrar. It is expected that the successful candidate will have an understanding of the needs of developing leaders and ministers for a wide range of traditional and emerging pastoral and missional areas of ministry and vocation as well as the imagination to help Stirling align with that future.
Stirling is the national College of Churches of Christ in Australia and a national partner with Churches of Christ Vic/Tas. It was founded in 1907 as the College of the Bible. It is a member College of the University of Divinity. The College has a reputation for a range of courses in theology, pastoral and spiritual care, pastoral supervision, chaplaincy studies, ministry formation, counselling as well as the Catalyst vocational course. Its courses in the higher education provision (HEP) sector are currently offered through its agreement with the University of Divinity (UD).
Stirling is committed to being biblically-based, theologically reflective and ‘generously orthodox’. We value bringing the deeper story of Churches of Christ to cooperative ecumenical partnerships and dialogue and seek to relate theology to public and private life, Christian ministry and mission and to Australia’s diverse community and beyond. We promote intellectual rigor and academic excellence. We see a core contribution in the development of leaders who can establish, form and guide communities of hope and compassion.
About the Position
The Registrar is a Senior Leadership position at Stirling. As a member of the College Executive, the Registrar contributes in general to strategic leadership of the College’s activities, culture, image, strategy, quality and growth. There must be a close working relationship between the Registrar and all staff who serve in Administration, Coursework, Research, Online & Learning.
1. The public image, marketing and brand of Stirling and its courses among a diverse range of industry partners.
2. Oversight of courses developed, reviewed and offered in line with University, faculty, vocational and industry partner needs (in close cooperation with the Academic Dean).
3. Administrative liaison with the University of Divinity.
4. Recruitment of students into appropriate courses.
5. Ensuring appropriate policies, procedures and systems are in place for monitoring student advice, welfare and progress.
6. Oversight and outreach to stakeholders and alumni.
7. Oversight and coordination of public ceremonies and events conducted by Stirling as appropriate.
Download the full Registrar Position Description
Enquiries and Applications
Please direct any enquiries and applications to:
The Principal, Stirling Theological College
Dr Andrew Menzies
44-60 Jacksons Road, Mulgrave, VIC 3170
(+613) 9790 1000
Applications should include an appropriate curriculum vitae and the contact details of two professional referees and one personal referee. Applications will close on Friday 16 February 2018. All enquiries and applications will be handled confidentially.