Whitley College and the Australian Association for Mission Studies are pleased to invite presentations from mission practitioners, members of academic communities, and other interested parties.
Call for papers: You are invited to submit an abstract of 250–300 words by 10 February 2017.
This conference invites us to re-imagine home at several levels – domestic, church, national, and international. At every level, men and women will have an understanding of ‘home’, and the associated concepts of ownership and security, according to their cultural and religious outlook. How do communities of faith share God’s stories today in an increasingly diverse and alienating environment so that people can encounter Jesus, God’s shalom, one another, and be part of a community in which they belong and feel at home?
The conference will include seven thematic streams:
1. Rediscovering: Following Jesus in Someone Else’s Country
2. Migrating: Seeking a New Home
3. Understanding: Embracing Difference
4. Reconciling: Moving Towards each Other
5. Encountering: Sharing God’s Stories Interculturally
6. Transforming: Encountering God in Community Development
7. Reimagining: Home and Exile in the Scriptures
Proposals should mention the stream it relates to, and provide contact details: name, institutional affiliation, postal address, phone number, and email address. Submissions are to be sent to the organising committee: email@example.com
Click on the thumbnail below to view the full poster.