Applications close 5pm on 8 October 2021.
Heart of Life, a work of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, was founded in 1983. It offers a ministry in spirituality, the formation of spiritual directors and pastoral supervisors, spiritual direction, pastoral supervision, and reflection events. Because of its international reputation, participants from Australia and overseas attend Heart of Life’s formation programs in spiritual direction, supervision and spiritual leadership. The Centre’s Siloam and Spiritual Leaders programs are accredited by Yarra Theological Union (YTU) and the University of Divinity. Heart of Life is located in Malvern in Melbourne, Victoria.
Heart of Life’s vision and programs are detailed on its website: www.heartoflife.melbourne
Applicants should have qualifications (Masters or equivalent in a cognate area) and experience in spiritual direction and supervision.
The key responsibilities of a Supervisor in the Siloam Program for the Formation of Spiritual Directors are:
- To interview prospective Siloam participants, and discern their suitability for the Program.
- To implement the Siloam program, in accordance with the Practicum Unit Outline.
- To model the practice of contemplative listening.
- To assist and encourage the participants to discern the movements of spirits in themselves and others.
- To provide individual and group supervision.
- To facilitate four Reflection weekends, which are integral to the program.
- To prepare participants for retreat direction.
- To assess the personal and professional development of the participants.
The Supervisor is accountable to the Director of Heart of Life. The position is part-time – approximately 9 hours per week (Mondays & Wednesdays) – and the successful applicant will begin at Heart of Life on 31 January 2022.
The position description is available from email@example.com or telephone (+61 3) 9890 1101. Applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 8 October 2021.