The University of Divinity seeks to recruit an IT Support Engineer. This is a full-time ongoing role based in the Office of the Vice-Chancellor in Melbourne available for immediate commencement. The role is remunerated on the University’s salary scale at HEW Level 5.1 ($71,972 plus 15% superannuation and annual leave loading).
The University of Divinity is Australia’s leading provider of theological education and research, offering a wide range of awards in theology, ministry, philosophy, spirituality and counselling. The University operates through ten Colleges located in Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney.
- Assist the Information Technology Manager in the delivery of the University’s digital strategy.
- Provide tier 1 support to Office of the Vice-Chancellor staff.
- Provide tier 2 support for the University’s Virtual Learning Environment.
- Assist the Information Technology Manager in the administration of the University’s IT systems, including but not limited to our Learning Management System (LMS) and staff and student management systems.
- Contribute to the optimisation of business and IT systems and processes.
- Manage the delivery of data and reporting for University processes.
- Liaise with and oversee the relationship with the University’s external IT provider (MSP)
- Undertake other tasks as reasonably directed by the Information Technology Manager or Vice-Chancellor.
The IT Support Engineer:
- Reports to the Information Technology Manager
- Is a member of the Information Technology Team in the Office of the Vice-Chancellor
- Works with University Staff and tenants based at Paschal’s site
- Liaises with University staff, contractors and vendors
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, and ability to relay technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work with a large and diverse team
- Excellent self and task management skills
- Minimum 3-4 years in IT support of mixed technologies and distributed teams and environments. Desirable and highly advantageous experience includes:
- Moodle LMS or similar product such as Canvas or Blackboard
- MS O365 administration and maintenance
- MS Azure or similar cloud infrastructure
- Development and programming skills in Ruby (particularly Rails) or Python
- Demonstration of continual learning through obtaining certifications in MS0365, MS Azure and/or other related certifications
- Experience with web-oriented coding languages and practices
- Experience in the Higher Education sector – highly desirable
Closing date for applications: Friday 5 March 2021
Applications must include:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- A curriculum vitae
- Contact details for two referees
Send applications electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org