Yarra Theological Union seeks to recruit an Associate Dean. This is a full-time role, for a fixed term of two years, with the possibility of reappointment at the end of that term. The successful applicant will work at Yarra Theological Union, 98 Albion Road, Box Hill, and will report directly to the Academic Dean of Yarra Theological Union. This role is remunerated at HEW C.1 on the HEW Academic Staff scale.
Assistance to the Academic Dean
- Significant assistance with/management of the unit approval process, especially in relation to the Unit Management System (UMS) of the University of Divinity
- Significant assistance with publication of information relating to units via such means as the Yarra Theological Union Handbook, Prospectus, and/or the UMS
- Involvement in course reviews, working groups and other committee work within the University of Divinity
- Strengthening the teaching ministry of Yarra Theological Union, in conjunction with the Dean
- Assist Academic Dean in quality assurance matters (including preparation of staff accreditation, course modification submissions, moderation of assessment)
- Assist with student support
- Where required:
- Authorising Dean’s extensions when Dean not available
- Course advising of students and assistance in the enrolment process
- Checking eligibility to graduate
- Deputising for Academic Dean in his absence, including at the University of Divinity Academic Board
The successful applicant will be required to teach a half teaching load, that is two units each semester. This will need to fit within the current Yarra Theological Union Curriculum Framework (available on application to the Academic Dean).
The successful applicant will contribute to the research profile of Yarra Theological Union by engaging in academic research oriented towards publication. It is expected that the applicant would be working towards achieving or maintaining research active status as defined by the University.
The loading of duties is 40% assistance to the Dean; 40% teaching; 20% research.
- Academic Leadership Group
- Education Board (subject to co-option)
- Appropriate Department
- A doctoral level qualification in theology or a related discipline
- Ability to be accredited by the University of Divinity to teach within the University
- Experience in teaching theology or a related discipline, ideally within the University of Divinity
- Experience in (academic) administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to take leadership role within a team
- Ability to work ecumenically
- Ability to use standard word processing and spreadsheet programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) as well as the University of Divinity Database (Paradigm) and Learning Management System
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17 June 2021
Applications must include:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- A curriculum vitae
- Contact details for two referees
Send applications electronically to the chair of search committee, Rev Dr Chris Monaghan CP: email@example.com
Yarra Theological Union is an inclusive and welcoming community, Catholic by tradition and ecumenical in spirit. We are committed to being a community of scholarship, prayer and pastoral care. We offer theological education and ministerial formation, open to those who seek educational and personal transformation in changing contexts. Our mission is to equip people for various ministries in the churches: parishes, schools, hospitals, church agencies and in the world at large.