Opens October 2019 for applications
Studying at the Trinity College Theological School means joining a diverse and welcoming community of people from many backgrounds and with many experiences of church and faith.
This scholarship will be awarded to a student who wishes to study a theology degree but doesn’t have the financial means to do so. This is a means-tested scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be accepted to study at the University of Divinity and Trinity College Theological School in 2020
- undertake your course as a full-time student
- be an Australian citizen
- meet the criteria to live at Trinity’s Residential College
- be an Australian/domestic student or international student.
Selection will be based on all-round talent and will take into account some or all of the following:
- the talent you can bring to Trinity College
- demonstrated history of high-level involvement in your school, your community, and/or sport
- your financial situation.
Value and duration
- Total value of $126,000
- three-year bachelor of graduate degree at the University of Divinity, valued at $12,000 per year ($36,000 over three years)
- three-year Residential College scholarship or living and accommodation allowance, valued at $30,000 per year ($90,000 over three years)
- Scholarships cannot be deferred.
- Scholarship recipients are required to meet the University of Divinity’s expectation for academic progress, relevant to the degree in which they are enrolled.
- Residential College scholarship holders are expected to maintain a high standard of achievement in the areas of endeavour for which the scholarship was awarded and contribute positively and enthusiastically to college life.
If you are a new student and wish to apply for a residential scholarship, there are two important steps to you must take.
Apply for admission to Trinity College through the University of Melbourne website, ensuring that Trinity College is listed as your first preference. Applications for all University of Melbourne colleges must be submitted through this site.
Download and complete a Residential College scholarship application form. Applications close COB 12 July 2019.
If you are a current student of Trinity College and wish to apply for a scholarship in 2020 download the application form here.
Established in 1877, Trinity College Theological School is committed to shaping men and women who wish to pursue ordination in the Anglican Church, develop skills for lay ministry, or simply explore Christian faith for personal or vocational enrichment and development.