Three full residential scholarships will be awarded to students who wish to study a theology degree at Trinity College but don’t have the financial means to do so. This is a means-tested scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be accepted to study at the University of Divinity and Trinity College Theological School in 2020
- undertake your course as a full-time student
- be under 23 years old and meet the criteria to live at Trinity’s Residential College
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or international student who can attain the necessary visas to study in Australia.
Scholarships are open to all international and Australian applicants, however, preference will be given to Australian citizens who are active members of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Selection will be based on all-round talent and will take into account some or all of the following:
- the talent you can bring to Trinity College
- demonstrated involvement in your school and/or community
- your financial situation.
Value and duration
Total value up to $136,000AUD
- fee remission for three-year University of Divinity degree ($38,000 for Bachelor of Theology or $44,000 for Master of Divinity in 2019)
- three-year Residential College scholarship, valued at $30,700 per year (around $92,000 over three years) including accommodation, all meals and utilities, plus academic and pastoral care.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred and only apply to residence at Trinity College.
- Scholarship recipients are required to meet the University of Divinity’s expectation for academic progress.
- Applicants should have the endorsement of their local bishop, diocese, vicar and/or parish.
- Residential College scholarship holders are expected to maintain a high standard of achievement in the areas of endeavour for which the scholarship was awarded and contribute positively and enthusiastically to college and chapel life.
If you are a new student and wish to apply for a residential scholarship, there are two important steps to you must take.
Apply for admission to Trinity College Theological School through the University of Divinity website, ensuring that Trinity College is listed as your home College.
Apply for admission to residence at Trinity College through the University of Melbourne website, ensuring that Trinity College is listed as your first and only preference.
Download and complete a Residential College scholarship application form. Applications close COB 30 September 2019.
If you are a current student of Trinity College and wish to apply for a scholarship in 2020, download the application form here.
EnquiriesOther Trinity College Scholarships
Established in 1877, Trinity College Theological School is committed to shaping men and women who wish to pursue ordination in the Anglican Church, develop skills for lay ministry, or simply explore Christian faith for personal or vocational enrichment and development.