- This event has passed.
Wednesday, 28 September, 10:00 am–12:30 pm AEST
When: Wednesday, 28 September 2022
Format: Lightning talks
During Covid researchers across the world have discovered that the lightning talk format for delivery of research ideas is particularly suited to the online medium.
The speaker has 5 minutes in which to deliver a research idea.
The audience has 5 minutes to ask questions.
The moderator keeps track of the questions submitted via the Chat function and emails them to the speaker afterwards, who can then respond to the questioner by email after the event.
- Less preparation
- Less Zoom fatigue
- More speakers
- Speakers and questioners stay focused
- Students, staff, and HDR supervisors outside Melbourne can attend
- Lightning talks are an excellent discipline for HDR students.
- Staff can more easily slot delivery of a paper into busy schedules.
- External supervisors can explore the breadth of research at the University and present their own research.